Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Music Update

--Explosions in the Sky has a new LP out, titled All of A Sudden I Miss Everyone. Check out their web site for more. This is an early candidate for the 2007 Flyleaf Award for I Can't Believe Someone That Sounds Like This Is From Texas.

--I'm ready to go to the mat: Pilot Speed's "Barely Listening" was the track of the year last year, barely edging ahead of Muse's "Knights of Cydonia." Click here to access Pilot Speed's MySpace page, and to hear "Barely Listening" both live and Memorex.

--Here is a track you might not have heard before. The ensemble -- excuse me, "the ensemble" -- is named Indian Jewelry. Check out more of them here.

--Everyone stunk up the joint last night on American Idol. I'm giving no link to the show, to the contestants or to the network -- none of them deserve one.

Update (Thursday morning): the girls were much better last night. Lakisha Jones absolutely slaughtered the rest with "And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going." Can a female contestant win Idol without first proving herself with this song? If the answer is no, the season is wrapped up.

And too bad it wasn't Shyamali Malakar (sister to current contestant Sanjaya) who was born with that voice. It'd be about time to wrap the season up.

Meow!

No comments: