Saturday, April 7, 2007

Rush Limbaugh on climate change

I do not believe in human-caused global warming. I believe in God.
--Rush Limbaugh, in the April 2007 issue of The Limbaugh Letter
He continues:
There is a complexity to creation and to the planet's mechanisms that we cannot understand; that we cannot control; that we cannot destroy; and that we cannot alter in its intricacy and beauty. I believe mankind's power is insignificant compared to the vastness of God and His Creation. And I am offended by the notion that the automobile I drive or the way I air-condition my home or the way I barbecue -- the things we as Americans do to enjoy life, in a country with the most progress and highest standards of living in human experience -- are somehow threats to God's handiwork. I refuse to believe that a loving God creates us with the talents and abilities to solve problems, cure diseases, and invent things, only to have our very nature lead to an apocalypse.

No comments: