Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bi niew rgB

(I just set out to type "no more than" and had my fingers on the wrong keys. And that was the result, Bi niew rgB. I like it quite a bit more. It should be the name of a newspaper in Scotland, although I have probably just inadvertently tossed profanities at you in Interlingua.)

What I was going to type was "no more than three five-star Dallas restaurants serve breakfast." Who knows if it is true? It probably is. And why is that?

1. Reverse cachet? "Breakfast? Bah! Bacon and grits are not fancy. Goose liver on quinoa is fancy."

2. Herd mentality? "Five Star Fishery in Euless opens late afternoons, so it is settled. I will open late afternoons. I will now rest my worn cerebellum."

3. Outsourcing? "My strongest meal is my duck a l'orange. Why bother with Shredded Wheat and table sugar? Let the Sri Lankans serve cold cereal. Bah!"

My restaurant will absolutely serve breakfast: cold chipotle chicken wings and eggs, sunflower seed toast and coffee. And no scrambled eggs -- we will fry them in a skillet and flip them once or twice, or not at all. Your choice. Patrons demanding scrambled eggs will be asked to take a swim.

As promised, my second point of contention with Milton Friedman is his position on copyrights.

No comments: