Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Las Ketchup

I love it and put layers of it on hamburgers: above the patty, again above the lettuce, and a huge quantity on the plate for dipping (dipping the burger as well as the fries). Yes, yes, the sugar, the corn syrup, yackety, and yes, the U.S. eats more salsa now than it does ketchup, but hey ... 38 years old. I don't digest salsa like I did when I was, you know, 37.

Strange then that my restaurant will not offer ketchup.

And for my third complaint of five, a complaint o' the day of Milton Friedman's policies and positions? I cannot stand that he ever said this:

"I am a libertarian with a small l and a Republican with a capital R. And I am a Republican with a capital R on grounds of expediency, not on principle."

Libertarians do have, you all realize, their own separate party?

No comments: